Comments or Queries? Please contact...
What experience and knowledge do I have that can help you?
A wonderfully eclectic career path, from:
- pedaling (and peddling) the Dickie Dee, ice cream cart
- lumberjacking (at least that's what someone called to me in French, as I
walked through the Kapuskasing shopping mall, sporting authentic bush wear and the distinct Muskol scent)
- teaching biology, science, math and french immersion
- breeding parrots, canaries, sheep and dogs (dogs- www.forestcreek.ca)
- writing magazine
articles, mostly about birds, and books on premature meopause (Menopause Before 40) & Inspiring Births
with a Midwife (due for publication in 2013)
- writing and editing Ministerial correspondence in the Department of National Defence
- writing gardening articles
- to now... providing expertise as a plant and garden consultant.
If asked, my children would probably say that I never quite
left the Forestry experiences. How many nature walks did I coerce them into, and how many times did I bore them with tree
and plant identification or stories from my bush-stomping days?
What about plants and gardens?
I started growing plants and gardening around the age of 10. I even boxed up my plants and sent them
by Greyhound bus to Sault Ste. Marie when I started college. Living on a rural property with a forest
and fields has allowed me to fully indulge in plants and gardening. I want to share my passion, knowledge and experience.